The more you know
Tips, tales, fails and fixes
Tips for a long lasting tan
BEFORE YOUR TAN
1. Exfoliate your skin at least twice before your spray tan, pay particular attention to dry spots like elbows, knees & ankles. Moisturise each day prior to tanning, this will keep your skin hydrated, your tan will go on nicely and will last longer.
2. Wax or Shave at least 24 hours prior to your spray tan, this allows the pores time to close.
Dotting in pores can sometimes appear if this is not followed.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR TAN
3. On your tan day, avoid using any moisturiser, perfume, & deodorant on your skin.
4. After your tan, wear dark loose clothing and loose fitting shoes – we find thongs are best !
5. Two hours after your tan (or longer if you choose) shower quickly for 1 minute with luke warm water. The bronzers will wash away, while the tan actives continue to develop & deepen.
DO NOT USE HOT WATER, this is a common mistake, it stops from tan developing.
AFTER YOUR TAN
6. Moisturise your skin everyday, beginning the day after your tan – this makes a big difference to how your tan lasts, it will also help it to fade evenly.